Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 30.


“One evening a Cherokee elder told his grandson about the battle that goes on inside of people. He said, “My son, the battle is between the two ‘wolves’ that live inside us all. One is Unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self-pity, resentment, and inferiority. The other is Happiness. It is joy, love, hope, serenity, kindness, generosity, truth, and compassion.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf wins?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
~ Marci Shimoff from Happy for No Reason


This morning I am up early to work on my new website, and I have gotten so wrapped up in it that I am likely going to be late for work. But today, I don't care. It's a big day for me. Today is the last day of September. October, my birth month, is just around the corner. On the 25th I will turn 35. This weekend I am hoping to launch a brand new website focused on... well... you'll see!!

So that is where I am. I'm feeling like a huge door is opening in front of me, getting ready for this next step. Today I am going to walk to work through the beautiful crisp autumn air. I am going to breathe deep and enjoy the world around me. I've been feeling incredibly connected lately, but I think it is simply because I have been paying attention. So I hope to enjoy this last day of September even with my swirling brain. I'll see you again this weekend!

xo

12 comments:

Jo said...

I'm massively excited for you and can't wait for the launch! xx
(love that quote)

Pen said...

me too :)
can't wait to see the new site!
happy last day of september ~
xo

Jaime said...

Oh, what are you up to, lovely Meg?
What delicious things are swirling around in that beautiful mind of yours?
I can't wait to see the new site too!

love to you xo

Brandi Reynolds said...

excited!!!!

Colleen said...

Nice to see you on here again Meg!!! Good luck with your new site!

Min said...

Oooh...can't wait to see what you have in store for us Megg!
I hope you enjoyed your beautiful walk today:)

Amber said...

Hmmm, can't wait to see what you are doing. I know it will be wonderful.

I love this story. This reminds me I wanted to see if a children's book has been made out of it. Now I am off to amazon. ;)

;)

Floranet said...

Magnificent piece of Work!

Oven Fresh Cake said...

Great information. Thanks!

Oven Fresh Cake said...

Your work seems to be great. Continue the great effort!!

Giftbasketworldwide said...

Amazing Job!! Keep up the good work.

Rakhinationwide said...

One of the finest writing I have read so far!