Friday, December 07, 2007

big day!

I keep three wishes ready,
Least I should chance to meet,
Any day a fairy
Coming down the street.
I'd hate to have to stammer,
Or have to think them out,
For it's very hard to think things up
When a fairy is about.
And I'd hate to lose my wishes,
For fairies fly away,
And perhaps I'd never have a chance
On any other day.
So I keep three wishes ready,
Lest I should chance to meet,
Any day a fairy
Coming down the street.

Annette Wynne


Mark's Mom let me see her copy of The Wish Book a few weeks ago. According to that book today is one of the few days in the year when all of the cosmic forces are aligned properly and you can make a really big wish! Apparently the powers are strong all day, but most powerful between 3:18 & 3:22pm today. (Now, I don't know about time zones... that one is tricky! I'm just going to go with it!) It doesn't matter if you subscribe to the idea of cosmic ordering or not, it's a lovely idea that today is a powerful wish day and that all over the world, people are believing in the power of magic, the universe and their dreams.

I used to wish the same wish for everything. It used to be a wish for my Grandfather, but now that he is gone I am a lot less focused. If I met a fairy or a genie walking down the road, I'd be all flustered while I searched for something. So I think that today I am going to come up with my BIG wish and wish it at 3:19. It can't hurt, can it? You NEVER know!!

Do you have a great big wish ready?

14 comments:

Susannah said...

oh yeah, i'm all over this today. i know EXACTLY what i wish for :-) thanks for shining the light out, angel xo

Kel - away from Kel's Space and lookin' at yours! said...

Yikes, thanks for letting us know, I'm going to have to think carefully.

Boho Girl said...

i do, i do have a wish. i told my husband about this too. how lovely honey...thank you.

you're like a little faerie sprinkling magical dust for all of us...

loving you.

Anonymous said...

ooooh, i know what i'm wishing for, too!! thanks for the tip!!
~Ruby

Karen said...

Meg--This afternoon Sophie is trying milk for the first time (at the allergist)...I've got mine.
xo talk sun.

ps--love the new format!!

Schmoops said...

this is glorius! and such perfect timing too.... thanks for this!
xoxo

Georgia said...

I TOTALLY have a big wish:) It is a silly wish, but it is still BIG. I love this :) Thanks for letting us all know about today.

~Georgia

daisies said...

i need to think about this and then make my big wish : ) thank you so much for spreading this magic, i believe ~ i really do ... xox

cheeky said...

The idea of having a wish day is delicious. I really *heart* that poem.

Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

I read this entry at 3:16pm my time today. I immediately got out my journal and wished away on paper until 3:22. What wonderful timing!

Earlier today I was writing in my journal and wrote a wish. I hesitated as I wrote "I wish I had" instead of "I need to find" or "I'd like." I didn't know it was a powerful wish day, but something about writing the word "wish" felt powerful and unlike something I would normally say. I briefly pondered why this struck me as so important. Now I know! (I think I'll write more about this over on my blog today.)

Bohemian Mom said...

Thank you so much for sharing this magical day. I've made my wish.
Beautiful blog.

Colorsonmymind said...

I am wishing-what a great day!

You are fabulous!

Your Brother said...

I wished something for the both of us Meg. All the pieces are in place for it to come true. I hope it does, see you in a week.

Anonymous said...

Oh Meg,
I just love you! And I love that poem! And I really love that picture in your header. You are so beautiful!
Love, Susie T