Friday, June 13, 2008

WHO AM I?????

"Fanciful weddings are imaginative and creative."/
"You are a Classic bride in the tradition of Princess Di, Grace Kelly and Jackie O." - Susie Coehlo

I have been struggling with wedding planning. It's not because I don't enjoy it or because I am worried about lots of things or even because I am thousands of miles away from where I am getting married. I am struggling because I can't really decide what kind of wedding it is going to be.

I am torn between elegant and quirky. In one breath I want it to be whimsical and delicious and in another I am looking for elegant and lovely. I know that those things aren't exclusive of each other, but I am scared that what will happen on the day will be a muddle of neither.

So when I found an online quiz that was supposed to tell me what sort of wedding I should have, I happily answered the questions. My results? I should plan a fanciful wedding. YAY! But then I went through my results and at the bottom it said: "You came close to another style: Classic." GIGGLE. So I guess I was right to be confused!!

Well the FANCIFUL invitations have gone out. (I wish I could have invited lots of you - but I was under firm instructions that it must be people I have met in PERSON! giggle!) I have chosen CLASSIC flowers (with a FANCIFUL twist.) My dress is CLASSIC and so are my bridesmaids'. The place is FANCIFUL, the food is CLASSIC. I guess that is what I am going to have to go for... fancifully classic. Ironically, when I read that description, it's about as me as it gets! It explains my eternal struggle with myself. Wow - it's 20 years of therapy averted - giggle.

Will you do me a favour? Will you take the quiz and let me know who you are?

xo

(P.S. Those aren't my flowers in the picture. That's a bouquet that didn't quite make the cut - not fancifully classic enough!)

18 comments:

Deirdre said...

I'm off to take the quiz now. Partly because it sounds like fun and mostly because I don't know exactly what kind of wedding I want either. I'll let you know the results.

enchantedartist said...

Okay... I just took the quiz...so apparently if I were to get married again(after 17years.:) I'd be a Beach bride...on the verge of Garden. No surprise there!

I can totally see your Fanciful/Classic wedding

That was fun!

xo

Pen said...

well i'm a split between countryside and beach, which i would say is pretty spot on!

when my husband and i married, we were planning to elope ~ but then couldn't keep it a secret!

in the end though, it was a very small and informal affair, with just my parents at a castle in scotland in november.

{perfect} for {us}
just as i am sure your wedding will be {perfect} for the two of you! xx

M said...

Mine said I'm a Garden wedding, with a bit of fanciful as well- sounds good to me!

Brandi Reynolds said...

you know, I thought my wedding was pretty traditional. Hell, I wore a white dress and had a minister from a real church marry us...what more do you people want??? LOL. but it was also uniquely us and incorporated our personalities.

and I have feeling that's how yours is going to be-a delicious meld.

go with it and don't let anyone tell you different.

Kirsten Michelle said...

10 years ago last week, i married my love in a classic wedding.
if we were to do it all over again, the quiz seems to think it would be pretty much the same...classic bride. ;-)

but i think fancifully classic sound delicious...and you, my dear will be positively radiant.xo

Jaime said...

How funny...as I was doing the quiz, I thought a few times that there should be a 'none of the above' option. But the results were pretty accurate...garden, on the verge of countryside.

Your post reminds me of a wedding I went to a few years ago. It was in a park, beautiful bride with a very classic dress, everything was elegant...until they played a song from Austin Powers at the end of the ceremony when they were walking past the guests..or should I say dancing.
It was such a perfect expression of their personalities. Classic, but with a fun playful twist.

I hope you are loving the planning, you fanciful girl!
xo

Claudia said...

I took that quiz too and I´m the fanciful type aswell. Before my wedding I spent a lot of time browsing for ideas here:
http://www.stylemepretty.com/
have fun!

Annie Jeffries said...

There is nothing like a quiz to get you focused is there? Amazing how right these turn out. I'm Garden Style. Annie

Annie Jeffries said...

p.s. With a bit of Fanciful for added spice.

Veronica said...

Oh this is a weird co-incidence, (or maybe its not!) I've just found your blog; my Boyfriend just proposed and although its only been three days(!) I am already feeling a wedding planning conundrum approaching. I will have to check out that quiz!

Deirdre said...

Okay, I finally took the test. I'm garden and exotic. It's a good thing too, since we'll have our wedding in our backyard and we're working furiously to make it look garden-y.

Amber said...

I think "Fanciful Classic" sounds fun and perfect! It is okay (I GUESS) that we all could not be envited...But I better get to see lots of pictures here!

I was a "Beach" bride. " Your buzzwords are"romantic," "soothing," "organic," "tranquil" and "casual." -- yes that soud good for me.

then I was close to "exotic"... hmmm...

:)

Vivienne said...

i got 'exotic' with the second one being 'countryside'....i think i'm definitely more countryside!

i look forward to hearing how this process goes for you lovely meg!

Colorsonmymind said...

classical and bordered on garden. No surprise there I guess.LOL

Leah said...

i just got married in October 2007, but i was curious and took the quiz anyways and got contemporary. that was somewhat accurate. i struggled at first with what kind of wedding i wanted to have, but in the end it all came together beautifully and i wouldn't change a thing. :-)

beautiful blog you've got here.

Unknown said...

I got "beach" and came close to "garden."

It's been fun catching up with your posts. I'm going to go put your picks for Oprah's book list on my own book list. They sound wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning wedding planning for next summer/fall myself, and had pretty much decided with my fiance what we're going for, but its always a little nail-biting anyway. Thus, with intrigue, I took the quiz and was stunned at the results, as they were uncannily accurate: Contemporary on the verge of Exotic. We're actually looking at loft spaces and are thinking Italian family style feast...bizarre...so amazed I ordered Susie's book. Thanks a ton! Good luck with all of your planning!