Saturday, June 28, 2008

beauty

"All this beauty; You might have to close your eyes." - The Weepies

We went for a walk yesterday and found a huge field full of foxgloves. The whole time we were walking, I had the Weepies in my head, so today I thought I'd share some of that beauty with you!











All this beauty;
You might have to close your eyes
And slowly open wide
All this beauty;
We traveled all night
We drank the ocean dry
And watched the sun rise...


You can ask about it
But nobody knows the way
No bread-crumb trail
To follow through your days
It takes an axe sometimes
A feather in the sunshine
And bad weather
It's a matter of getting deeper in
Anyway you can


All this beauty;
You might have to close your eyes
And slowly open wide
All this beauty;
We traveled all night
We drank the ocean dry
And watched the sun rise...




I can see you're new, awake
Let me assure you, friend
Every day is ice cream and chocolate cake
And what you make of it
Let me just say
You get what you take
From it, so be amazed
Whenever you stop...
You gotta be brave.

All this beauty;
You might have to close your eyes
And slowly open wide (all this beauty)
And watch the sun rise.

- Lyrics by The Weepies

13 comments:

Vivienne said...

so beautiful! what a gorgeous walk that must have been!

and that song is somethin' else! its my favourite one on the new album!

bee said...

i love this...

i would like to manifest a best friend like that someday...

Anonymous said...

Lovely song, lovely photos :-).

enchantedartist said...

Oh...I love that song! (I was just listening to that CD in my van, on my way home from camping. :)

And what can I say about those foxgloves...unbelievably enchanting!!! You are so lucky. I've tried growing them in my garden for years, and it just hasn't happened. (I'm thinking these cold Canadian winters may be the culprit?)

Thanks for sharing 'all this beauty'. :)

xoxo

daisies said...

how incredibly beautiful are those foxgloves ... such a lovely shade of purple, sigh ... dreamy. i listen to that cd every morning as i cycle to work along the river view, always makes me smile ...

Anonymous said...

i love this song, i love these photos... and i LOVE YOU xx

Anonymous said...

Meg,

I'm a new reader to your blog and a friend of Jessie from Stray Dog Arts...I went back and read through some of your posts. I'd love to connect with you via email...I'm also a writer and am married to a European (I'm from Minnesota, U.S., my husband is from Sarajevo, Bosnia. We're in MN right now.)

My email address is britta@redflowerwriting.com. Please write if you are interested...I'd love to get to know you.

All the best,

Britta
redflowerwriting.com
lifeafterwar.org

Amber said...

Oh my gosh. That is so beautiful!

:)

Anonymous said...

gosh the foxglove remind me of home here in oregon. so beautiful, so wild. i know i have visited you before but i don't know if i left a comment or not. many of my blogging friends visit you here and i love much of what they love :) you have many wonderful posts to explore and i will come back to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks a bit like what I see here in Cornwall. Maybe we're close to each other in location.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i always think of you when i see foxgloves because while we were talking on the phone for the first time, jon came to get me to show me the foxglove we had blooming outside in our front yard. he dragged me outside while we were talking aways. i had always seen the beautiful blooms in photos but never live...and we had one blooming in our yard. thinking about that conversation makes me smile this evening...

happy summer to you...

Nippon said...

Great information. Thanks!

Giftbasketworldwide said...

It's nice when you see such a great work! Continue writing