Susannah tagged me days ago to do this and I completely forgot about it until this minute. (If you haven't read her blog yet, she's only a week into blogging and I highly recommend her site!)
I'm supposed to spill Ten Beans About Myself. So here goes:
1. I was born on October 25, 1974. This makes me a Scorpio and an autumn baby - both of which I really love.
2. I have a joint honours degree in History and in English and a Bachelor of Education.
3. I am a hoarder and a collector - mostly of quotes, inspirational writing, postcards, poetry, books, ribbons (accidentally,) and sea glass. (And pj bottoms - I LOVE them!!)
4. I have over 100 people directly related to me! My parents are still happily married and I have one younger brother who is about to be a dad (momentarily) which makes me very homesick.
5. I love the smell of fresh basil.
6. I have been a construction worker, the Arts and Crafts director at two summer camps, a teacher, an ice cream girl, and a costumed pioneer who got to bake bread for a living.
7. I once won the "best actress in festival" award at a drama festival in high school. I loved being in plays but the theatre people in my university were intimidating and scary so I haven't been in a show since.
8. I moved to England after university with no job, no contacts, no money, and no plan. My Mom was scared for me so she bought me three nights in a hotel. I still can't believe I did it.
9. I can't eat raw fruit. Well... I can eat it but it doesn't stay with me very long.
10. I have a tattoo.
I would like Jamie, Laini, Alexandra, Claudia and Tara Dawn to do this if you don't mind girls - I always like learning new things about you! And if anyone else is inspired - I'd love to read more about you, too!!
P.S. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the words of support this week. I'm truly okay - but I am so glad that so many of you found inspiration to be all of yourselves as well. We can't be afraid to put it all out there if we want to. Truth is where power is in writing. And talking about things helps us heal. I really believe that! xoxo