I keep on opening up my blog and thinking that I just need to write something. It's hard sometimes to know what it is that you want to put out into the world. So I just sat down and thought, "I just need to bloody write something!" As I opened Blogger I saw that this is my 80th post. It doesn't seem like a lot to me in the grand scheme of things. 79 posts ago I sat down at my computer and hoped desperately for some kindred spirits. 79 posts ago I began a journey that has changed my life. I can't believe how many connections and proper friends I have made somewhere along those 79 posts. It blows my mind how different things are now.
I sometimes feel that I need to stop writing such glowing posts about this community. There are people who read this who don't tell me who they are (I know you're there, I have a counter!!) There are also people who have commented who I don't know or who I haven't had a chance to follow back to their sites. So sometimes I worry that I am making them roll their eyes as I say AGAIN how much I have gotten out of starting this blog. But I can't help it - I'm a gusher - it's just who I am!!
So I think that as I started out grumpy & am now gleefully thinking about my blogging tribe, I will change this post into a grateful list. I won't wait until Friday:
Today I am grateful for:
- Mark (as always and forever.)
- Andrea Sher and Christine Miller for inspiring me to start on my own journey.
- the wedding invitation I got from my gorgeous cousin Katie (so sad I can't go)
- Laini, Alexandra, Liz, Tara Dawn, Susannah, Denise, Claudia, Jamie, Michelle, Cate, M, Letha, and all of the other women I have met on my blog - in my sidebar and otherwise (I'm going to revamp that one soon!!!!) You have all altered me in a wonderful way. You have made me feel less 'weird' in a world where sometimes I didn't quite fit. :)
- for my oldest and dearest friends and original 'tribe' of girls from QML
- for a whole day of sunshine after two weeks of rain and fog
- that I get to play with Letha and Susannah in London in two and a half weeks!!!
- my parents and my extended family and that baby that just doesn't want to be born yet!
- new ideas blossoming for books to write
- our friend Jonny coming down for the weekend
Sigh. I can smell my supper cooking. I'm off to change into my jammies, watch a bit of Big Brother (I'm a reality tv dork) and then get an early night. Sometimes when I make lists of the things I am grateful for, I forget that the little things are just as important as the big ones. So tonight cozy jammies, yummy food on the table, good company and sweet dreams are the things I wish for you all.