Monday, March 06, 2006

sorry David... this one's REALLY girlie.


"See the world through the eyes of the woman you were always destined to be."
- Rachel Snyder.


Alternatively inspired, blocked, thrilled, saddened, excited, sick, empty and full. That's how I feel today as I read blogs and emails and try to sit here and write something that is interesting. I know that there's a post in here somewhere but it just isn't cooperating with me today. So I am dropping everything and going for a walk by the sea! I'm going out and I am not coming back until I feel better.

But I want to share a quote that inspired me today. I like this quote because it makes me feel like my wild and passionate and AWARE self isn't so unattainable.

"To adjoin the instinctual nature does not mean to come undone, change everything from black to white, to move east to west, to act crazy or out of control. It does not mean to lose one's primary socializations, or to become less human. The wildish nature has a vast integrity to it.

It means to establish territory, to find one's pack, to be in one's body with certainty and pride regardless of the body's gifts and limitations, to speak and act in one's behalf, to be aware, alert, to draw on the innate feminine powers of intuition and sensing, to come into one's cycles, to find what one belongs to, to rise with dignity, to retain as much consciousness as possible."

-Clarissa Pinkola Estes


Grrowl! See you later. xo

10 comments:

Alex S said...

Thank you Megg for that quote. I really want to read Women Who Run With the Wolves. I remember when my mom read it years ago and what an impact it had on her. I hope you had a wonderful walk!! EVen when you may not feel inspired, I still love to hear from you!

HoBess said...

I was rereading your "political post" and then I came back to this and it hit me so powerfully, the two posts next to each other. But I haven't found the words yet. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for your comments on my blog. As I pulled out my Little House books last night I realized I had yet to finish my journey through Narnia. So, its the last three books of that for me first, then Wilder. Have you read C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia?

Hope the walk was wonderful!

SC said...

You make me laugh. :)

Claudia said...

There will be days like this!

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that reading "women who run with the wolves" is changing my life.

This is my fave quote from the book.

"So what is the solution? Go ahead, struggle through it. Pick up the pen already and put it to the page and stop whining. Write. Generally, just stop talking. Do your art. Generally, a thing cannot freeze if it is moving. So move. Keep moving."

M said...

I think you're a brilliant writer, but some days I'm sure your resevoir just needs to refresh itself...good luck!! Great list yesterday too! Thank you for sharing!! I love to cook but am so messy you wouldn't know it! And I love the one about having healthy family and friends, I want to add it to my list.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

Yes! This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing this today. I needed this reminder to do these things. And I know I need to read this book.
Hope your walk invited clear-headedness and that you feel better!

Cate said...

I agree with M--you are a brilliant writer! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were progressing. I didn't have a post in me today, but I scribbled out a short story. It's rough, but it's a start! I hope that your Sunday ended up being productive, with inspiration drawn from both Clarissa and the rhythms of the sea!

Laini Taylor said...

Hope you had a terrific and inspiring walk, Meg. And thanks for the quote. I've never read her, and I especially like the words, "be in one's body with certainty and pride". Yes!

Jamie said...

I love your honesty, Meg. And way to take care of yourself! Sometimes you just gotta get some fresh air and walk it out. I hope you were renewed.