"I have dieted continuously for the last two decades and lost a total of seven hundred and fifty-eight pounds. By all calculations, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet." - Erma Bombeck
Sprink tagged me to come up with five food challenges for 2006. (Hers are really great!!) Let me tell you now that every day has been a food challenge for me in the past little while. I have never liked food very much. I enjoy eating it, but as an entity in my life it has been an unwelcome presence. Food is something that I have trouble enjoying because it is something that I feel needs to be controlled. I have recently realized that I have some food allergies, which has helped in many ways, and in many ways made it worse (MORE guilt!) So I held off writing this post because it was too close to home. But here goes - my Five Food Challenges for 2006!
1. I want to be able to cook dinner for Mark and I and have it all be ready - and hot - at once! (The first time I cooked breakfast for us both I was reduced to tears. His plate was lovely, mine looked like I had stood back and thrown the food at it! I'm getting better, but it's still a challenge.)
2. I want to try to cook at least three of the recipes I have clipped out of magazines. (I KNOW! I don't like cooking but I cut recipes out like crazy - what is that all about?!)
3. I'm going to try seafood whenever Mark gets it in the vain hope that I might like it someday. (He loves it. Me? Not so much. Why do they have to leave it looking like it was when it was alive? Heads? Tails? EYEBALLS?! How can they expect me to be able to eat that?!)
4. Eat when I am hungry. Stop when I am full. (Yes, that IS a challenge.)
5. I am challenging myself to RELAX about food. I want to enjoy it when I am eating it and not worry about whether or not I should or shouldn't be eating it. I want to really, passionately and AWARELY enjoy what I am eating. I want to be thankful for it and not worry about the fat or calorie content.
I just really really want to ENJOY food again.
... so I would like to invite Claudia, Jamie and Laini to divulge - there are others I would like to answer these as well but I expect you will be tagged in due course!